announcement

I decided that I am going to try and post at least one video, personal or news story that is to the same effect as the first post called "there is some good in the world still." So be on the look out for those hear warming stories of kindness in the world around us. if you have any particular examples or stories that you would like to share please let me know and we can get that set up!

Monday, November 11, 2013

There still is good in the world

Tonight my wife and I ran to walmart to get some bread, milk, and a couple other basic food items to get us through this week. As we were going to through the check out line tonight I went to scan my card, and it didn't work for some reason. I thought that was strange and I tried scanning it a few more times and it still wasn't working right. So the person at the check out said they could hold our things for us while we figure out whats going on. We walked over to the side and pulled up my phone to check our bank account and try and figure out what had happened. As we were looking there confused and not sure what to do the person who was in the check out line behind us walked up and asked if we needed $20.00. My wife and I were a bit un sure what to say, but he just quickly handed it to us and disappeared just as quickly. Our total came to $17.00 so we had enough to get what we needed tonight even though my card was not working. I know it really isn't much, and it may not seem like much to some, but for both my wife and I it really hit us hard. I wish that that person who was so kind as to take an extra 20 out of his bank tonight to help us out could know just what an impact that had on us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment